I have compiled a list of the best 100 ways that will help you maximize your social media campaigns ROI. However, in this article, I will be providing you with 15 tips that you should implement right when you finish reading this post.
There are way too many articles, books, guides on using social media for your business that you can easily get lost in the amount of data and go into information- overload.
1. Find and connect with influencers in your niche business.
2. Never start a tweet with an @ sign. This will only allow your followers and the person you are tweeting his followers to see it. Always put a “.” before the @ sign. This will allow everyone to see the tweet and will enable you to get more views and followers. For example: Hi .@startupily how are you doing?
3. You can keep on using the same posts you did a few days ago. Don’t be afraid to share the same content/information more than once. Once you tweet it gets lost within all the millions of other tweets. There is a very slim chance that people even noticed your tweet so you can keep tweeting the same message this will bring in new followers and retweets.
4. Timing your Social Media Posts is very important. You need to do research to see what are the best times to connect with your audience. From my research, the best times are in the morning around 9-10 am. This is when everyone is at work or getting to work and they always check their social media before starting the day. Another time in the afternoon during lunch break to 4 pm. Experiment each day and see what works for you.
5. Depending on what business you are in you should research the best hashtags to use. There is a great tool called hashtagify.me that will help you to find the best hashtags that are relevant to your business.
6. Take some time to think what you want to share with your followers. It will help you focus and streamline your efforts.
7. When using Twitter use up to 5 @mentions in your tweets as it will lead to more retweets. However, research was conducted that if you use more than 5 mentions then you may lose followers.
8. If you use Pinterest then learn more about how rich pins can help your business. If you use a product pin then pinners will get a message if you lower the products price.
9. When you create youtube videos and post it make sure you have a proper and detailed profile included in the description or also at the bottom of the video screen. This is the best way to gain followers from Youtube.
10. Offer just enough info in your Facebook posts to entice your fans to click on it. Way too much info will bore them and not continue to read the entire post.
11. If you are having trouble to understand what Google analytics data really means you can use visual.ly’s google analytics infographic creator to see a graphical representation of your data.
12. If you want to see which social networking sites your email subscribers use then definitely try out Rapleaf.
13. When using Youtube or Vimeo, make sure you have video embedding enabled. If not, you can lose out on a whole lot of free exposure.
14. A good way of utilizing Linkedin is by endorsing colleagues and connections on LinkedIn. They will do the same
15. When writing posts on your social media platforms post as yourself, not your brand. People want to know they are communicating with real people.